It’s the holiday season and for all of us that means shopping and presents – from toys, electronics and clothing to decor and the food I’ll be serving while entertaining. The average Canadian is planning to spend approximately $1400 celebrating this holiday season so every dollar saved counts! That means before I started my holiday shopping I headed to RetailMeNot.ca (here) to find the best promo codes and coupon deals.
What I like is that all the top deals are shown on the main page. All you have to do is scroll to see the entire list. If you don’t find what you’re looking for in Today’s Top Coupons scroll further and you’ll find a list of the most popular stores like Hudson’s Bay, Indigo, Amazon.ca and more.
The RetailMeNot.ca site is set up to be user friendly and you can navigate through it easily. Looking for a specific retailer? Just type in the name in the Search option.
It’s important to keep organized and stretch every dollar because of everything the holidays entail – gifts for friends and family, decor and all the trimmings you need for entertaining. This site offers you a portal for your long list of items and reminds you of all the options you have – options to help you save on every dollar you spend.
RetailMeNot has also created tips on how to become a savvy holiday spender:
- Make your list and check it twice – 43% of Canadians Admit to overspending on gifts, so in order to avid the January credit card bills blues – organization is your friend! Stay on track with your holiday gifting by creating a list of all the people you need to by for and your maximum budget for each gift. Having everything planned out will ensure you are in control of how all the costs are adding up.
- Stack your savings – if your favourite store is having a sale, that’s great, but don’t stop there! Stack your savings. Simply look for promo or coupon codes on RetailMeNot.ca to take additional dollars off your total.
- Be part of the club – singing up for a newsletter or mailing list can provide additional savings, especially around the holidays. For example, by creating an account at Club Monaco, or joining the A List at Aldo, you can save 15% on your first online purchase.
- It pays to shop around – Have you found that perfect item? Price check your desired gift with other retailers to ensure you are getting the best deal. Many retailers will price match so it pas to do a little homework.
- Social shopping – For real time sale updates, follow some of your favourite retailers on social media. Many use their social channels to feature sales and discounts. Who knows, you may get a little gift inso as well.
For the latest holiday dead on everything from gifts to decor, check out RetailMeNot.ca