GoodGood is now open on The Esplanade, near St Lawrence Market. This marks the second location for this new chain, with three more locations in the works, Toronto is thirsty and GoodGood has the cure. The concept-part cafe, part bodega makes my heart sing. Salty snacks? Check. Boozy handcrafted grab and go cocktails? Yup. Oat Latte, sure. And the best part, they deliver too.
GoodGood is driven by a team who knows how to deliver, literally, with depth from Shopify, Google and Ritual. Steeped into every nook and cranny, our preferences and taste profiles are anticipated coupled with shelves stocked with hard to source imports, nestled with long-celebrated local finds. There’s some thoughtful balance at work here; Chuza spicy fruits, imported Japanese Kit Kat Chocolate Bars as well as popcorn from our fave local Comeback Snacks make for a colourful display.
What can we get?
By all means, the snacks are a great start, but let’s move to mains. With a tidy freezer stocked with GA Pizzas, Marben Chicken & Leek Pies, Crafty Ramen kits and more, you can certainly stop in and grab a very decent meal and a bottle of wine too. Why should we shop at four different stores rather than one concept that nails it from snacks to desserts all in one stop?
With a pledge to bring in a distinct local lean, you can expect more Canadian coverage to explore in snack land, but I like this approach of not just forcing VQA wines and Mill Street Organic down our throats. Savvy consumers have used the last 23 months of shopping online to demand a better shopping experience. Now that the restrictions are lifted, GoodGood aims to be that source for those daily rituals. Consequently, we can Look for on-tap beers, wine flights and more to roll out soon.
Delivery is $4.99 or free if you spend more than $60, and delivery is within 5km of each store. Same day and next day is available too, and outside of just Toronto too. Check the GoodGood.co site for more info.
To celebrate their big launch, today, February 24th, Torontonians can visit the GoodGood St Lawrence store (140A The Esplanade) for goodies, while supplies last.
- Thurs, Feb 24 | Free Coffee + Tori’s Mini Donuts (GF) – Enjoy a free café beverage & mini donut from Tori’s Bakeshop all day
- Fri, Feb 25 | TGIF, Right?! – Stop by after work and enjoy half off select bottles of wine & 6-packs of beer from 4 pm – 9 pm
- Sat, Feb 26 | Meet The Makers – Swing by from 12pm – 3 pm to meet some of GoodGood’s makers and sample their speciality goods
- Sun, Feb 27 | Free Totes & Goodies – Empty totes are no fun! Visit the store, place an order, and receive a free tote filled with some delicious treats from our makers
And stay tuned as we track their new locations rolling out this spring! GoodGood is coming to:
- St. Clair West (1187 St. Clair Ave W) – March 2022
- Queen West (709 Queen St W) – March 2022
- Midtown (1909 Yonge St) – April 2022
All images by Libby Roach.