Summer is for relaxing and let’s face it, we look forward to the warmer months all year round. Everyone seems a little more relaxed (unless you’re sitting in Toronto traffic) and we all work hard to carve in that extra down time.
Did You Know that nearly 3 in 4 (73%) Canadians wish they had more time to relax and unwind and 42% of Canadians love to relax with a coffee and a biscuit? According to recent study deliciously named Savour Serenity conducted by Loacker, 72% of Canadians selected chocolate as their favourite sweet flavour — anyone surprised?
Canada also counts the classic strawberry and vanilla amongst the country’s favourite flavours. Maple, the quintessential Canadian flavour, came in 6th place, behind blueberries and raspberries – but did rank as Quebec’s favourite flavour.
The Survey also reveals that 56 per cent of Canadians say spending time with loved ones is a favourite way to relax and unwind, and that one in three Canadians relax and unwind by cooking at home. To help Canadians find a moment of serenity and share a meal with loved ones, Loacker has created 10 delicious recipes inspired by the most iconic Canadian desserts and favourite flavours to relax with from coast to coast.
The S’Mores Brownies is one that immediately caught our attention and a crowd-pleaser. Easy to make for your weekend entertaining or even at the cottage.
You can find more seriously amazing dessert recipes here: Loacker Canada
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a 9” square baking pan with parchment paper.
- Layer the bottom of pan with wafers.
- Pour brownie mixture over the layer of wafers.
- Bake for 35 minutes and then remove from oven and top with marshmallows.
- Pre-heat broiler and return baking pan to oven and broil until marshmallows are toasted and golden – watching it carefully the whole time.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before slicing into squares to serve.
CHEATSHEET: If you’re in a pinch for time or needing a quick dessert to make at the cottage, grab a box of PC Decadent Triple Chocolate Brownie mix. Follow instructions on the box.