The first summer long weekend is finally here. While there is of course a time and place for perfectly balanced batched cocktails, this isn’t it. Instead, opt for these ready to drink cocktails. After nine solid months away from your lake/cottage/patio/rooftop/park, leave the mixing to the masters. Step away from the muddler, and leave the lime for another time.
Instead, we’re doing the ol’ grab and smash, just add ice!!
THE BEST READY TO DRINK COCKTAILS FOR SUMMER
fizzy and fun bubbles
- Vizzy Strawberry Lemonade: Adding buzzy Acerola cherries, a superfood to this new low-cal cocktail makes for a summer trend we can get behind. Vizzy crafted this new flavour with notes of bright sweet strawberries and tart citrus, a classic summer combo only made better with the nuance of cherries. $3.10
- Nude Pink Lemonade: Tart and slender, this 5% abv lemonade is the latest twist for the Nude brand who is known for its low-cal label. Refreshing and all-natural with no added sugars, this pretty pink drink is perfect for those who like to still taste their alcohol, without being overpowered by it. $2.70
- Palm Bay Paradise Twist: The tropical twist from peach, mango and pineapple adds a summer pop in one funky can. Yes, it’s sweet, but what did you expect from something made with the sweetest fruits? Fresh and fun, add some regular soda water if it’s too much for you. $3.15
- Topo Chico Hard Seltzers: Slim and slender with 140 calories, Topo Chico is coming after the claw with their variation on fizzy and free. This hard seltzer’s base is mineral water, adding a subtle taste that is a departure from your usual. 3 grams of sugar but 4.7% abv, it’s a drink for those looking for an actual drink, and not carbonated flavoured water with a tipple. In Strawberry Guava, Lemon Lime, Mango, and Citrus Pineapple. $3.10
- Cottage Springs Vodka Iced Tea: Non-carbonated drinks are sort of hard to find these days. If burping and bloating isn’t part of your long weekend plans, opt in for an original Iced Tea like these vodka-based blends from Cottage Springs. Super low-cal, these coolers are sweetened with stevia. Flavours include Lemon Iced Tea, Raspberry Iced Tea, Mango Iced Tea and Peach Iced Tea. Grab a pack of 8 for $19.95
classic remixed cocktails
- Bobby Margarita: Made by Bob McKenzie, the legendary hockey sportscaster turned bartender has brought this authentic cocktail to a can. On the sour side for sure, this margarita is the real deal, formulated like your fave barra de bebidas. $3.05
- Walter Caesar: Caesar purists may scoff at the lack of rim, or garnish, but the details are divine, and Walter’s take is a tasty one. It’s spicy with the umami courtesy of the clam juice, which makes it a signature Canadian cocktail. $3.80
- Mike’s Hard Iced Tea: Quite literally the cooler that started it all, Mike’s been hard at work since the 80’s on their prestigious lineup of ready to drink sippers, Mike’s Hard Lemonade still makes my teenage mouth pucker. Their newest release is a 5% hard iced tea, sorta sweet, sorta citrusy, and definitely easy to drink. With a vodka base and tea-forward flair, it’s like an amped-up Brisk. $3.15
All images by Libby Roach.
Always drink responsibly and never, ever drink and drive.