This year’s Halloween is not just weird because of COVID19 but it happens to also fall on a night with a full moon. Eerie indeed! We’re gonna do take out and then lock the doors. Twice. What’s planned? A night of spooky movies and big bowls of popcorn, maybe burning some sage to cleanse away any bad vibes.
I’ve been searching for a spooky cocktail and this one looks like a great choice – heck, it’s even got goodness mixed in with La Presserie cold-pressed juices – small batch and made in Toronto with lots of love and goodness! Available for delivery or find them in select fine grocers (McEwan’s, Organic Garage, Whole Foods, Sobey’s Urban Fresh, Pusateri’s and others). You can learn more about them here.
Poisoned Apple Martini (serves 1)
- 1.5 oz La Presserie Pomegranate Raspberry with Strawberry Juice
- 2.5 oz La Presserie Apple Spinach with Celery Juice
- 1.5 oz vodka
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp activated charcoal (find at health food stores)
- honey to rim
- course black sugar to rim
- In a shaker, add vodka and activated charcoal, swirl to combine.
- Add ice, both La Presserie juices and lemon juice
- Cover with lid. Shake vigorously.
- Rim your favourite cocktail glass with honey and then course black sugar.
- Pour liquid into prepared glass. Enjoy (responsibly)!
Wondering what to watch? Here are a few suggestions on Netflix Canada…(but feel free to add your suggestions!)
- The Haunting of Bly Manor
- The Haunting of Hill House
- Hubie Halloween
- Stranger Things
Here’s the trailer for Rebecca (yes, the latest adaptation of the 1938 classic gothic novel by Dame Daphne du Maurier) starring Kristen Scott Thomas, Armie Hammer, and Lily James…