Have you made your Halloween plans yet? I’ve been sifting over a few party ideas in the city and looking for costumes. The Handmaid’s Tale outfit last year was pretty popular and this year, I’m eyeing Wonder Woman or being one blank canvas. I’m undecided.
If you’re looking for some more inspiration, eBay Canada has just revealed what’s trending!
Canadian search data from eBay reveals a number of costume trends that trick-or-treaters and partygoers are searching and what we can expect to see this year’s hollow’s eve:
- Fortnite Fans Rise: Searches by Canadians for Fortnite-related costumes have increased by a whopping 2000%!*
- The Meghan Mayhem: Searches by Canadians for Meghan Markle-related costumes have increased by 300%*
- Marvel Madness: Searches by Canadians for Avengers-related costumes have nearly doubled*
- Riverdale Revival: Searches by Canadians for Riverdale-related costumes have increased by over 25%*
- Keeping it Classic: Canadians are opting for what’s tried-and-true this year with Batman, Spiderman, Deadpool, and Harley Quin being among the top 10 most searched adult Halloween costumes by Canadians. Michael Myers also firmly remains a classic.
- Furry friends: The top five most searched pet costumes include lions, Ewoks, Harry Potter, cowboys and Zelda, respectively*
eBay data also reveals that Canadians aren’t afraid to drop a pretty penny to have the best get- up out there! The most expensive costume ever sold by a Canadian on eBay was the original 1982 Halloween III “Pumpkin Head” for $4,600 CAD! Other notable sales and purchases include:
- Predator 1 Complete Costume – sold by a Canadian for $4,200 CAD
- Iron Man Men’s Jumpsuit – sold by a Canadian for $1,500 CAD
- Robocop – bought by a Canadian for $2,900 CAD
- Spiderman – bought by a Canadian for $2,400 CAD
- Captain America – bought by a Canadian for $1,070 CAD
Oooookay. But seriously, how cute is this?….
*Activity by Canadians on eBay from September 1 – September 30, 2017 vs. September 1 – September 30, 2018
**Activity by Canadians from September 1 2018 – September 30, 2018