Summer is slowly slipping away, and with temps still hitting record highs right across Canada, we’re reaching for something cold to keep cool. Collabs are our jam, so when we were invited to give this latest The Glenlivet x Davidstea Mango Punch a swirl we stuck our pinky fingers out and got the kettle to a rolling boil!!
With sunny citrus notes and hits of freshly grated ginger, this cocktail can be made ahead easily for batch-style cocktails for your gal pals, or single-serving for you and your sweetie. The super adaptable recipe features The Glenlivet’s Caribbean Reserve Whisky, a single malt that is held in genuine Caribbean rum barrels and distilled at the Glenlivet distillery. Boasting juicy tropical notes, whisky may not be a natural base for summery cocktails but it works, with warm rum nuances offering a slightly sweet side to balance the spirit-forward influence of the single malt.
- 2 Perfect Spoons of Mango Fruit Punch
- ½ cup Water
- 1.5 oz. The Glenlivet Caribbean Reserve
- 3 oz. Mango Fruit Punch Concentrate
- ½ tsp Lemon Juice
- Grated Ginger
- 2 dashes Orange Bitters
- Using a STEEPER or filter, steep 2 PERFECT SPOONFULS of MANGO FRUIT PUNCH in ½ cup hot water for 7 minutes
- Dispense or pour into a measuring cup and let cool to room temperature
- Fill an old-fashioned glass with ice and add The Glenlivet Caribbean Reserve, Mango Fruit Punch concentrate, lemon juice, and freshly grated ginger then stir
- Add orange bitters and garnish with a slice of lemon
Add in extra ice and a swirl of simple syrup on a hot day to inject some extra calories and carbs into the mix.
Never, ever drink and drive and always drink responsibly.
All images by Libby Roach.