I love the holiday season – parties, shopping for gifts, all the baking (I buy it) and the music. What I don’t like is how busy the malls get, how all the parking spots I find are kilometres away, how I have to wrap all my presents, fight all the crowds while carrying all my packages and how exhausting it all can be.
Enter the Avion Holiday boutique in Yorkdale.
This year marks the fifth anniversary of the Avion Holiday Boutique at Yorkdale. Over the past 5 years, the boutique has hosted more than 190,000 guests, wrapped more than 44,000 gifts, checked 40,000 coats and parked more than 36,000 cars. Honestly, for me this is one of the bright spots in all of the holiday mayhem. It is tranquility in this busy season.
I was invited to an exclusive media preview of the Avion Holiday Boutique on November 15th. All invited guests had access to all the complimentary perks that Avoiners have:
- – Valet parking
- – Gift wrapping
- – Coat and parcel check
- – VIP lounge and cafe
- – Porter service
- – Virtual reality experience
- – Avion Passport App, which maximizes your boutique experience and provides access to RBC Rewards and partner offers
With all the perks offered I am most excited for:
- 1. Valet parking – no more treks through the parking wilderness.
- 2. Coat and parcel check – I have holiday shopping and Cityline makeovers to do which means lots of package to lug around.
- 3. Gift Wrapping – 4 kids, 8 nieces and nephews, 2 Godchildren and lots more people to shop for.
- 4. VIP Lounge and cafe – enjoying a coffee while I sit in comfort in the Boutique.
The above perks make shopping (and work) during the holidays enjoyable. A great space for Avoiners to enjoy a coffee or tea, get their gifts wrapped and check their bulky coats. Visiting the busiest mall in Canada isn’t a humbug when you have an Avion card in your wallet.