Starting today, customers in Canada who do not yet have an Amazon Prime membership, or a subscription to Amazon Music Unlimited, can now listen to an ad-supported selection of top playlists and thousands of stations for free on Echo devices, the Amazon Music app on iOS, Android, and FireTV. Customers can also listen to this music on the web at music.amazon.ca.
Listeners can enjoy more music with no subscription or credit card required. Music fans will be able to play thousands of stations based on any song, artist, era and genre; as well as hear some of Amazon Music’s top global playlists.
Listen on your favourite devices to enjoy top playlists and stations, like:
· “Pop Culture,” the ultimate global playlist for today’s pop music.
· “Country Heat,” a playlist featuring the hottest acts in country music.
· “Rap Rotation,” Amazon Music’s home for hip-hop in heavy rotation.
· “Canada Now,” a playlist featuring trending songs from across the nation.
A favourite of mine while I work from home is the “Meditation Station”.
Or, on your Alexa enabled devices simply say:
· “Alexa, play Billie Eilish” to hear a station featuring her music.
· “Alexa, play 80s music” to hear a station filled with music from the era.
· “Alexa, play rap music” to hear music from the genre.
We’ve been asking Alexa lately to play themed music to accompany our dinners – “Alexa, play reggae music” goes well with our jerk chicken bbq and rum punches.
If you don’t want to be subjected to the ads then a membershipis the way to go. Prime members have access to a catalogue of more than a million songs plus thousands of playlists and stations, all ad-free, at no additional cost to their Prime membership. Listeners looking for even more music selection can try Amazon Music Unlimited, a premium subscription service that provides unlimited access to millions of songs including the latest new releases.
Here’s the link: amazon.ca/music/unlimited