We love our avocados! Even though home-made guacamole and avocado smashed on toast are our go-tos, we were inspired to see what else we could do with our beloved and very versatile fruit! Yes, you knew it was a fruit, right?
A few recipes caught our attention recently at an event hosted by Avocados from Mexico that gave us inspiration beyond the expected!
MEDITERRANEAN AVOCADO TABBOULEH
- 3 ea. Avocados From Mexico, halved, pitted, & peeled, cut into small pieces
- 2 T. fresh lime juice
- 1/4 c. bulgur, cooked
- 2 T. tomatoes, diced
- 1-1/2 T. scallions, finely chopped
- 1 T. mint, finely chopped
- 1 T. Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 2 T. feta cheese crumbled
- Salt to taste
- In a large bowl, gently combine the avocados with lime juice.
- Fold in bulgur, tomatoes, scallions, mint, parsley, and feta cheese until well combined. Season with salt.
*If you prefer a smoother guacamole consistency, simply mash the avocado with the lime before folding in remaining ingredients.
AVOCADO, COTIJA, AND TOASTED PEPITAS TOSTADAS
- 1-1/2 ea. Avocados From Mexico, peeled, pitted, and diced
- Juice of 1 small lime
- 1/4 c. red onion, chopped
- 1/2 ea. jalapeño, finely chopped
- 1/4 c. cilantro, finely chopped
- Sea salt to taste
- 4 ea. corn tortillas, toasted
- 1/4 c. toasted pepitas
- 1/2 c. cotija or feta cheese, crumbled