The cooler weather has us pulling out the slow cooker. There’s no hiding how much we love using this one pot to make a comforting meal. Our friends at Kensington Market Street Food share this delicious recipe that’s perfect for any time of the week for families as well as for entertaining. It’s flavourful and full of goodness that doesn’t take much effort.
Kensington Market Street Food is a new line of global sauces, dressings, condiments and coffee roasts create by Torontonian Andrew Menceles. His family’s business in the diverse neighbourhood inspired his love for the food culture in the city. The products can be found at Longo’s, through grocerygateway.com and at independent grocery stores in Ontario. More info can be found at www.kensingtonmarketfoods.com
SLOW COOKER CHICKEN TACOS
(recipe by Tayler Stinson)
Ingredients for the chicken:
- 4 medium sized chicken breasts (about 1 lb)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 medium sized yellow onion, diced
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup Kensington Market Street Food Spicy Mexican Adobe Dressing
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jar Kensington Market Street Food Pickled Pineapple & Jalepeno, finely chopped
- 1 cup salsa or pico de gallo
- 1 medium sized red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
Add chicken broth, onion, chili powder, garlic powder and salt to slow cooker. Cook on low for 8 hours.
When chicken is ready, remove from juices and shred with a fork and knife. Add back to juices and stir in Kensington Market Street Food Spicy Mexican Adobe Dressing and cilantro.
Serve chicken on corn tortillas and top with Kensington Market Street Food Pickled Pineapple & Jalapeño, sals, red onion and cilantro.
Makes 6 servings