Ah!! Sweet! This week, you can buy a Smile Cookie and know that you’re contributing to the annual fundraiser that benefits many local and national charities. The signature blue icing eyes and pink smile chocolate chunk cookie will be sold at Tim Hortons locations across Canada from September 17 to 23. The full $1 of every cookie sold will go to a local charity, hospital or community program.
Some fun facts:
- The first Smile Cookie was created in Hamilton to raise money for the Hamilton Children’s Hospital.
- Over the last 22 years, the Smile Cookie campaign has grown to support over 500 charities and organizations in Canada.
- In 2016, the cookie raised over $7.2 million in donations.
- Which city sold the most cookies? In 2017, Sturgeon Falls sold 13,724 cookies for Community Living West Nipissing.
- In Cambridge, Ontario, one Tim Hortons location raised over $200,000 to help keep more than 3,200 students properly fed with charity Nutrition for Learning.
- 6.5 million Smile Cookies were sold in 2017.
Here are the Toronto charities that will benefit from our cookie cravings…
- Food Banks Canada
- The Children’s Breakfast Clubs
- WE Charity
- St. Michael’s Hospital Foundation
- SickKids Foundation
- Humber River Hospital
- DAREarts Foundation for Children
- Friends of We Care
- Canadian Military of Mental Health
You can find a complete listing of charities supported across the province and the country here: timhortons.com