I love holiday baking and the one recipe that I have in my stash is this Toblerone Chocolate Shortbread cookie that everyone LOVES. I’m not kidding. It’s one that everyone wants the recipe for. Without fail, everyone wants the recipe. It’s super easy. Just keep an eye out for the Toblerone bars when they go on sale and then HOARD them.
There are many variations out there on this. Some people like to place a chunk of Toblerone on top, others like to wrap the cookie dough around a piece of chocolate. You can’t go wrong. They all taste great!
Here’s the recipe I’ve been using….
EASY TOBLERONE CHOCOLATE SHORTBREAD COOKIES
Makes about 4 dozen
2 cups butter, softened
1 cup icing sugar
3-1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup cornstarch
2 bars (100 g each) Toblerone chocolate, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. BEAT butter and icing sugar in large bowl on high speed until light and fluffy.
3. MIX flour and cornstarch in a separate bowl.
4. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture. MIX well in between additions.
5. STIR in chopped Toblerone chocolate.
5. Drop by tablespoons on to baking sheet.
6. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
7. Transfer to wire racks for cooling.
Freezes well too! When completely cooled, place cookies in an air tight container and keep in freezer.
TIP: If your batter kinda looks like this, it’s okay! Just simply shape into balls about the size of a townie (measure out a heaping tablespoon full) and gently press to flatten a bit and place on your cookie sheet.